Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Fireman / Why you should never talk

I was astonished this morning to learn of The Fireman. Apparently, this is an experiment that started in 1993 with electronica music.

Why was I astonished? Well, first, let me say this...I was outraged. See, the main member of this musical trial, aside from Youth, is one of my favorite musicians, Sir Paul McCartney. I know that after the Beatles broke up, Paul's been hit-or-miss with his music, but overall, I've always loved his entire catalog of music. This was bordering on terrible. Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, I have a very open relationship with my students. I teach social studies, so I feel that the discussion has to be frank and open to really get an understanding of what happened, why it happened, and most importantly, how it applies today.

Well, occasionally, that carries over into discussing our personal lives. I have a big mouth. I told a student to say hi to a teacher for me, which the student, as a 14-year-old girl would, turned it into me liking this teacher (while I'll admit I'm very attracted to her, I've never really looked at this as a dating option). So, today, she took it upon herself to ask this woman out for me. Fantastic! That's just going to create what I feel will be the most awkward situation ever at work. Yay-rah.

Never talk. It can only lead to bad stuff. And this from a guy who used to work in radio and talked all the time.

No comments: