Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Like sands through the hourglass...

So, I am a teacher. I teach middle school social studies, primarily, but, for some reason, this year, I have been given an additional duty of overseeing a Study Island class. What a boring class! It basically consists of a group of students (one group is made of 7th and 8th grade students and the other of 6th graders) sitting at computers and reading selections and answering questions. Great times! This is one of those reasons that I'm bored with my job. I love teaching social studies, don't get me wrong, but this two-hour block - set up by a new law in Arizona - is ridiculous. But, that's just my opinion. I just feel like a glorified babysitter. At least I'm not teaching language arts this year.

Meanwhile, I'm about two weeks short of being single for a full year. It was right before the Steve Preis Christmas blow-out that Cari decided that she was done in our marriage. So, next weekend, when I go back to Preis' house, it will be a sort of anniversary.

It's Cari's birthday today, too, by the way. It's weird to see life from the point of view of a single man at 28. I was with her since basically my 21st birthday, so my adulthood is skewed. Anyway, happy 27th birthday to the woman who is so talented, so giving to most people, but never really made me feel like I was good enough for her abilities. I just didn't measure up.

So, in the past year, I've been searching for another relationship, but it's just not clicking. Three dates, three different women, no second date, no ANYTHING. It's weird to be at this point of my life and having no idea what I'm doing. But, I feel that's the case with women, work, etc. It's awesome to be a 28-year-old with no direction. At least a woman that I've been talking to who's going through a divorce said that she was depressed, too. I'm coming out of my funk, but I understand where she's coming from.

Finally, I am coaching basketball again this year. I took last year off, and I, at times, have thought that was a good idea, and at times, I've thought it was bad. Either way, I'm coaching again this year, and it ain't looking too good. I'm scared that we're going to lose every game this year. Awesome! I'm glad this won't be a waste of my time.

No comments: