Saturday, December 6, 2008

The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is...

Apparently, everything is fearful.  This is the realization I came to last night while talking to my friend Matt for several hours last night over drinks.  I've looked at it as just going with the flow for so long, but I know that I don't try things because I'm afraid.  

I'm afraid to go after a new job because I might not have anything to fall back on.  I'm afraid to go back to school because I may not be able to afford it.  I'm afraid to make attempts to go out with women because they may say no and I'll be embarrassed.  It's not good, and I need to figure out a way to overcome fear.  Easier said than done, though.  But, a thousand-mile journey begins with one step...or something like that.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What you should really be afraid of is not doing the things you want to do during your lifetime. Nothing you mentioned has much of a chance of killing you.

Get on with it. Today is good.

J